Welcome to the Siwy Lab
- September 2016: Our new paper: Polarization of Gold in Nanopores Leads to Ion Current Rectification will be published in
J. Phys. Chem. Lett. Check it out!
- August 2016: Our paper Highly Charged Particles Cause a Larger Current Blockage in Micropores Compared to Neutral Particles was just published in ACS Nano. Click here to see the paper.
- Apirl 2016: At the 3rd Annual UCI AGS Graduate Symposium, Timothy Plett was selected as a recipient of the Judges' Award for the Physics and Astronomy session. His talk, titled 'Optimizing Nanobatteries through Interface Science' discussed the macroscale implications of nanoscale innovation and optimization for energy storage.Congrats!
- Apirl 2016: Our new paper: Direction Dependence of Resistive-Pulse Amplitude in Conically Shaped Mesopores was just published in Anal. Chem.. Click here to see the paper.
- March 2016: Steven's new paper: Salt Solutions in Carbon Nanotubes: The Role of Cation-p Interactions was just published in J. Phys. Chem. C. Click here to see the paper.
- February 2016: Our new paper: Role of Particle Focusing in Resistive-Pulse Technique: Direction-Dependent Velocity in Micropores was just published in ACS Nano. Click here to see the paper.
- January 2016: Steven successfully defended his thesis! Congrats!
- July 2015: Yinghua Qiu's, Crystal Yang's, and Preston Hinkle's paper Anomalous Mobility of Highly Charged Particles in Pores was just published in Analytical Chemistry. Click here to see the paper.
- June 2015: Laura successfully defended her thesis! Congrats!
- June 2015: Tim Plett's and Trevor Gamble's paper Ionic Conductivity of a Single Porous MnO2 Mesorod at Controlled Oxidation States was just published in Journal of Materials Chemistry A. Click here to see the paper.
- March 2015: Preston Hinkle's, Yinghua Qiu's, Crystal Yang's, and Matthew Shiel's paper Pores with Longitudinal Irregularities Distinguish Objects by Shape was just published in ACS Nano. Click here to see the paper.
- February 2015: Laura Innes's paper Presence of electrolyte promotes wetting and hydrophobic gating in nanopores with residual surface charges was just published in Analyst. Click here to see the paper.
- October 2014: Trevor successfully defended his thesis! Congrats!
- September 2014: Laura Innes's paper Velocity Profiles in Pores with Undulating Opening Diameter and Their Importance for Resistive-Pulse Experiments was just published in Analytical Chemistry. Click here to see the paper.
- July 2014: Matt Schiel's paper Diffusion and Trapping of Single Particles in Pores with Combined Pressure and Dynamic Voltage was just published in the Journal of Physical Chemistry C. Click here to see the paper.
- July 2014: Crystal Yang's joint publication with Peter Taborek's group appears in Applied Physics Letters.
- June 2014: Steven Buchsbaum's paper was just accepted to the JACS, click here to see the paper.
- April 2014: Congratulations to Laura for winning an award for "most interdisciplinary research" at the 2014 AGS Graduate Student Symposium!
- April 2014: Tim passed his qualifying exam, congrats!
- April 2014: Trevor Gamble's and Timothy Plett's paper was recently published in Journal of Physical Chemistry C, the paper can be read here.
- January 2014: Justin Menestrina, Crystal Yang, and Matthew Schiel had their paper accepted into the Journal of Physical Chemistry C, see the paper here.
- December 2013: Zuzanna has been named as a 2013 American Physical Society (APS) Fellow! Congratulations on this prestigious award, click here for more information.
- November 2013: Trevor Gamble's paper was recently published in Journal of Physical Chemistry C, the paper can be read here.
- Click here for older news stories
Site made by Steven Buchsbaum and Trevor Gamble