Welcome to the Siwy Lab
- March 2017: Yinghua's and Anna's new paper: Experimental Investigation of Dynamic Deprotonation/Protonation of Highly Charged Particles is published in
J. Phys. Chem. C Check it Here!
- February 2017: Tim's new paper: Solid-State Ionic Diodes Demonstrated in Conical Nanopores is published in
J. Phys. Chem. C Check it out!
- September 2016: Our new paper: Polarization of Gold in Nanopores Leads to Ion Current Rectification will be published in
J. Phys. Chem. Lett. Check it out!
- August 2016: Our paper Highly Charged Particles Cause a Larger Current Blockage in Micropores Compared to Neutral Particles was just published in ACS Nano. Click here to see the paper.
- Apirl 2016: At the 3rd Annual UCI AGS Graduate Symposium, Timothy Plett was selected as a recipient of the Judges' Award for the Physics and Astronomy session. His talk, titled 'Optimizing Nanobatteries through Interface Science' discussed the macroscale implications of nanoscale innovation and optimization for energy storage.Congrats!
- Apirl 2016: Our new paper: Direction Dependence of Resistive-Pulse Amplitude in Conically Shaped Mesopores was just published in Anal. Chem.. Click here to see the paper.
- March 2016: Steven's new paper: Salt Solutions in Carbon Nanotubes: The Role of Cation-p Interactions was just published in J. Phys. Chem. C. Click here to see the paper.
- February 2016: Our new paper: Role of Particle Focusing in Resistive-Pulse Technique: Direction-Dependent Velocity in Micropores was just published in ACS Nano. Click here to see the paper.
- January 2016: Steven successfully defended his thesis! Congrats!
- July 2015: Yinghua's, Crystal's, and Preston's paper Anomalous Mobility of Highly Charged Particles in Pores was just published in Analytical Chemistry. Click here to see the paper.
- June 2015: Laura successfully defended her thesis! Congrats!
- June 2015: Tim Plett's and Trevor Gamble's paper Ionic Conductivity of a Single Porous MnO2 Mesorod at Controlled Oxidation States was just published in Journal of Materials Chemistry A. Click here to see the paper.
- March 2015: Preston Hinkle's, Yinghua Qiu's, Crystal Yang's, and Matthew Shiel's paper Pores with Longitudinal Irregularities Distinguish Objects by Shape was just published in ACS Nano. Click here to see the paper.
Click here for older news stories
- February 2015: Laura Innes's paper Presence of electrolyte promotes wetting and hydrophobic gating in nanopores with residual surface charges was just published in Analyst. Click here to see the paper.
Site made by Steven Buchsbaum and Trevor Gamble