The UCI S-STEM Physics Scholars program is sponsored by the National Science Foundation. Our overarching goal is to increase retention and graduation rates of physics and applied physics majors at the University of California, Irvine (UCI), with a focus on students from low-income backgrounds. The program supports activities to
- strengthen the departmental student community through peer mentoring,
- increase academic support through faculty advising and access to tutoring in gateway courses,
- encourage research and industry opportunities
The program will also provide at least 60 scholarships to financially-eligible and academically meritorious students at the University of California, Irvine (UCI) who are majoring in physics or applied physics. For more information about the program, contact Professor Tucker (firstname.lastname@example.org).
All UCI physics students and S-STEM scholars are invited to attend departmental, UCI, and other events about physics such as those from the list below. S-STEM scholars, if you attended an event, please let us know about your experience!
- UCI physics colloquia & seminars
- UCI physics public events (including the annual Reines lecture)
- UCI physical sciences breakfast talks
- SPS meetings and events