An exciting research opportunity is available in a medical imaging laboratory that focuses on cardiovascular imaging, and breast computed tomography (CT). Research topics include development of new imaging techniques for diagnosis of coronary artery disease and breast CT for diagnosis of breast cancer. Learning opportunities include the following:
• X-ray imaging and data acquisition
• Myocardial blood flow measurement
• Artificial intelligence for diagnosis of heart disease
• Development of breast CT using photon counting detectors
• Participation in surgical procedures and image processing
The students are anticipated to work actively with postdoctoral fellows and graduate students (or with PI) on medical physics problems, conducting literature search, modeling and simulation, or assisting methodological developments.